What is a Shortage Occupation List?
The Shortage Occupation List is a list of professions for which there are not enough resident workers to fill jobs in the UK.
What areas are on the Shortage Occupation List?
The Shortage Occupation List includes parts under Healthcare, Medicine, Science, Education, Information Technology, and other areas where there may be a shortage.
The list below shows whether your desired job is included in the Shortage Occupation List along with its occupation code. You can check more details here.
- 1181 Health services
- 1242 Residential, day, and domiciliary care managers
- 2111 Chemical scientists- Scotland only
- 2112 Biochemists and biological scientists
- 2113 Physical scientists (geophysicists, hydrogeologists)
- 2121 Civil Engineers
- 2122 Mechanical Engineers
- 2123 Electrical Engineers / 2124 Electronic Engineers
- 2126 Design and development Engineers
- 2127 Production and Process Engineers
- 2137 Web designs and development professionals
- 2216 Veterinarians
- 2231 Nurses
- 2431 Architects
- 3411 Artists
- 3414 Dancers and choreographers
- 3415 Musicians
- 3421 Graphic designers
- 5434 Chefs
- 6146 senior care workers
To check for more jobs on the occupation list, please visit the official Government website.
How Can I Be At Advantage By Being Skilled In One Of The Shortage Occupations?
The Standard UK work visa is the skilled worker visa, in which the application is based on the point system.
Even if your new job does not meet the salary requirements, scoring a total of 70 UK visa points will qualify you for the visa in which 30 points will depend on the certificate of sponsorship from the UK employer. Additionally, if you are taking a role on the shortage occupation list and have the right qualifications, you will receive 30 points.
When applying for UK Skilled Worker Visa on the UK’s shortage occupation list, you will only need to provide the sponsorship certificate.
- Offer of the job by the sponsor (Mandatory) 20 points
- Job at skill level (M) 20 points
- Can speak English at the required level (M) 10 points
- Salary of £20,480-£23,039 or at least 80% of the going rate for the profession (whichever is greater) (Tradeable) 0 points
- Salary of £23,040-£25,599 or at least 90% of the going rate for the profession (whichever is greater) (T) 10 points
- Salary of £25,600+ or at least the going rate for the profession (whichever is greater) (T) 20 points
- Job in a shortage occupation as designated by the Migration Advisory Committee (T) 20 points
- Education qualification: PhD in a subject relevant to the job (T) 10 points
- Education qualification: PhD in a STEM subject relevant to the job (T) 20 points
Who Are We & How Can We Help You?
Chauhan Solicitors believe in giving honest & unparalleled advice to you.
We work in complete confidence, as your partners, in sorting out your immigration matters.
We are professional Immigration Solicitors in London. Feel free to discuss any matter regarding Visa & Immigration.
Contact us at: 0203 514 2536